- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
The Court of Appeals of Iowa, in a November 26 ruling, affirmed a board's order that a pharmacist undergo a mental and physical evaluation based on multiple "second hand" accounts of public intoxication (Doe v. Iowa Bd. of Pharmacy).
To read more, please subscribe.