- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
A Florida appellate court held, in a December 31 decision, that a society of electrologists that had asked for a declaratory opinion on the necessity of its members' recertification cannot disqualify the opinion by later withdrawing its request Society for Clinical and Medical Hair Removal, Inc. v. Board of Medicine).
To read more, please subscribe.