- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
An attorney who pled guilty to making terroristic threats has been disbarred in the state’s first case of disbarment resulting from a felony conviction for a crime of violence (State ex rel. Counsel for Discipline v. Walz).
To read more, please subscribe.