- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
The North Carolina acupuncture board improperly brought a court challenge to a legal interpretation issued by the state’s physical therapy board, a state court held April 26. The court said that the acupuncture board was required to first petition the physical therapy board and exhaust administrative remedies before coming to court (North Carolina Acupuncture Licensing Board v. North Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners).
To read more, please subscribe.