- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Montana Supreme Court strikes down restriction on advanced practice nurses providing abortions
- Court revokes license of nurse who neglected vulnerable patient
- New Hampshire Supreme Court rules that grandfathered training school required to submit to board audit
- Eighth Circuit upholds dismissal of case challenging enforcement of confidentiality of medical records
- Reversal of license revocation overturned for lack of deference to board’s decision
Continuing its periodic investigative reports on state licensing boards, the non-profit journalism organization ProPublica evaluated the state of New York nurse discipline in an April 7 report and found it in need of drastic improvement. The report, entitled "Weak Oversight Lets Dangerous Nurses Work in New York," revealed serious problems.
To read more, please subscribe.