- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
In November, Arkansas voters will have the chance to choose whether a state law adopted in 2019 to allow optometrists to perform limited eye surgeries should remain standing. On January 31, secretary of state John Thurston formally approved a ballot initiative that would overturn the 2019 law known as Act 579.
To read more, please subscribe.