- Examiners, state boards rethinking traditional use of practical exams, scored exams, and live patients
- Default discipline of licensee who sent rebuttal letter prior to filing of disciplinary charges is valid
- Law does not waive sovereign immunity for constitutional claims unless they involve challenge of a state statute
- U.S. court restores emergency health law authorizing discipline of physicians performing abortions
- Architects, CPAs, engineers, surveyors push back against licensing deregulation campaigns
In a historic first, five of the largest professional associations for Certified Public Accounting in the US, UK and Scotland have hammered out a mutual recognition agreement that will allow United States CPAs a “clear and accelerated path” to become certified in the UK, and vice versa. “We welcome the mutual recognition that is at the heart of this agreement,” said AICPA President and CEO Barry C. Melancon, CPA, CGMA. Full story in Business Wire.