- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Board action unauthorized as a matter of law concerning allegations of moral turpitude
- Separation of Powers Doctrine and Sovereign Immunity clarified
- Errors result in reversal of decision to prohibit further reinstatement applications by licensee
- Court of Appeal of Manitoba declined to challenge application judge’s decision
- Court held that the reasoning process for witness evidence admissibility was reasonable
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, in a pair of decisions on April 7 and 20, overturned a restraining order issued by a federal district judge prohibiting application of an emergency health order issued by the state's governor to prohibit abortions in the state.
US Court of Appeals, Fifth Court
To read more, please subscribe.