- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
In a July 17 opinion, a split panel of the Second Circuit Court of Appeals used the relatively lenient "rational basis" test in upholding the constitutionality of a rule that allows only licensed dentists to use a low-volt LED lamp during a teeth-whitening procedure (Sensational Smiles v. Mullen).
To read more, please subscribe.