- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
A court in South Carolina has denied immunity from professional disciplinary actions to a social worker who claimed that she was protected from discipline for any alleged misconduct that occurred during her work as a guardian at litem (GAL) for the state's family courts.
To read more, please subscribe.