- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
In concert with the times, the Illinois Division of Real Estate and Division of Professional Regulation has a new option for licensees—starting with real estate agents. They can now carry a license pocket card electronically on a smartphone or tablet.
According to a May 12 press release, the step is an important one for the 43,000-licensed real estate agents in Illinois, who have been required to carry a paper copy of their license.
The E-License technology may soon be coming to other licensed professionals in the state, the licensing agency says.
Read the release here.