- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Licensee not entitled to second evidentiary hearing after 11 years of procedural up-and-downs
- Discipline upheld against psychologist who gave patient file to opposing counsel in lawsuit
- Complainant cannot force board to let him testify against licensee
- Formal recommendation by hearing examiner not required in order to revoke a license
- Licensee cannot dodge obligation to adhere to trade standards through provision in contract with customer
In concert with the times, the Illinois Division of Real Estate and Division of Professional Regulation has a new option for licensees—starting with real estate agents. They can now carry a license pocket card electronically on a smartphone or tablet.
According to a May 12 press release, the step is an important one for the 43,000-licensed real estate agents in Illinois, who have been required to carry a paper copy of their license.
The E-License technology may soon be coming to other licensed professionals in the state, the licensing agency says.
Read the release here.