- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Failure to cite professional code as evidence was error, but not fatal error
- Remote exam proctoring violates civil rights, California ACLU maintains
- FBI: Impostors posing as regulators threaten medical licensees nationwide with license suspension
- Case against board for refusal to retroactively renew license can continue
- Therapy degree is insufficient for general counseling license, but requiring degree to mention “counseling” is arbitrary
In concert with the times, the Illinois Division of Real Estate and Division of Professional Regulation has a new option for licensees—starting with real estate agents. They can now carry a license pocket card electronically on a smartphone or tablet.
According to a May 12 press release, the step is an important one for the 43,000-licensed real estate agents in Illinois, who have been required to carry a paper copy of their license.
The E-License technology may soon be coming to other licensed professionals in the state, the licensing agency says.
Read the release here.