- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Massage therapy board fell short in handling of complaints, public information, and license issuance
- Discipline upheld for attorney who tried to mislead investigators by mixing up two clients with the same name
- Deviation from sample collection rules not prejudicial to licensee defendant
- Court okays testimony from former board member but remands discipline case over expansion of charges during hearing
- Court denies special relief to applicant who blamed insufficient counsel in earlier criminal conviction involving dishonesty
A federal judge in South Carolina, in a July 13 decision, dismissed a malpractice suit against the federal prison system because the plaintiff prisoner in the case used three fellow inmates—unlicensed former doctors—as experts on a required medical affidavit.
To read more, please subscribe.