- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
A court in North Carolina issued another ruling August 2 in the state's ongoing legal battle between its acupuncture and physical therapy boards, holding that a position statement posted by the North Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners supporting the practice of needle insertion by its licensees was not a violation of the rulemaking process.
To read more, please subscribe.