- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
A student who graduated from an online law school but was denied the opportunity to sit for the West Virginia bar exam lost an appeal of the decision in which he claimed that the bar examiners had violated his constitutional right to equal protection by denying students of internet-based schools from sitting for the exam.
To read more, please subscribe.