- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Licensee claims of malicious prosecution not dismissible as frivolous
- Admissions from unrelated case cannot be used in board action against man practicing without a license
- Proving deceptive professional conduct does not require establishing common law elements of fraud
- Rejected applicant not eligible to seek contents of investigatory file after giving up on application process
- Board has power to issue summary suspension while discipline case pending
The Supreme Court of Oklahoma, in a September 20 decision, granted reciprocity to a military lawyer who did not otherwise qualify to practice in the state, ruling that his service as a military attorney was equivalent to that of a licensee from another state who sought reciprocal status.
To read more, please subscribe.