- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Unrestricted license in one province entitles licensee to full license in others
- Amendments to licensing act do not restart tolling for claims under statute of limitations
- Failure to file agency record into evidence ends disciplined licensee’s appeal
- Rejected applicant can’t sue Montana licensing agency from distant D.C.
- For background check of licensure candidate, Nebraska can access Georgia arrest record that Nebraska would have erased
Soon it will be a lot easier to get into certain industries in Florida, as the licensing requirements on them will be dramatically reduced. The Florida House and Senate have approved changes for the state Department of Professional Business Regulation that will, with the Governor's approval, reduce the amount of training and certification needed to practice certain roles, and eliminate licensing for others entirely.
Full story by Adam Winer via ABC Action News
To read more, please subscribe.