- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Board upheld in denying practice exclusivity to licensees based on FTC v. North Carolina Dental Examiners
- Physician seeking exam exemption from national specialty certifying body must bring suit in Texas, where certifier is located
- Discipline of agent who defrauded clients & skipped hearing upheld
- Discipline of licensee for showing patient records to wife upheld
- Board must hear MD’s appeal of order to submit to three-day impairment evaluation
Soon it will be a lot easier to get into certain industries in Florida, as the licensing requirements on them will be dramatically reduced. The Florida House and Senate have approved changes for the state Department of Professional Business Regulation that will, with the Governor's approval, reduce the amount of training and certification needed to practice certain roles, and eliminate licensing for others entirely.
Full story by Adam Winer via ABC Action News
To read more, please subscribe.