- Examiners, state boards rethinking traditional use of practical exams, scored exams, and live patients
- Default discipline of licensee who sent rebuttal letter prior to filing of disciplinary charges is valid
- Law does not waive sovereign immunity for constitutional claims unless they involve challenge of a state statute
- U.S. court restores emergency health law authorizing discipline of physicians performing abortions
- Architects, CPAs, engineers, surveyors push back against licensing deregulation campaigns
Soon it will be a lot easier to get into certain industries in Florida, as the licensing requirements on them will be dramatically reduced. The Florida House and Senate have approved changes for the state Department of Professional Business Regulation that will, with the Governor’s approval, reduce the amount of training and certification needed to practice certain roles, and eliminate licensing for others entirely.
Full story by Adam Winer via ABC Action News