- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Failure to cite professional code as evidence was error, but not fatal error
- Remote exam proctoring violates civil rights, California ACLU maintains
- FBI: Impostors posing as regulators threaten medical licensees nationwide with license suspension
- Case against board for refusal to retroactively renew license can continue
- Therapy degree is insufficient for general counseling license, but requiring degree to mention “counseling” is arbitrary
Soon it will be a lot easier to get into certain industries in Florida, as the licensing requirements on them will be dramatically reduced. The Florida House and Senate have approved changes for the state Department of Professional Business Regulation that will, with the Governor's approval, reduce the amount of training and certification needed to practice certain roles, and eliminate licensing for others entirely.
Full story by Adam Winer via ABC Action News
To read more, please subscribe.