- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Governor cites alleged cost to business in vetoing new licensing bill
- Licensing scheme for ship pilots, alleged to be monopolistic, is upheld
- Third-party licensee has no standing to challenge granting of license to another
- Board erred by denying hearing to applicant who pled constitutional issues
- Requirement that animal chiropractor be supervised by veterinarian upheld
Soon it will be a lot easier to get into certain industries in Florida, as the licensing requirements on them will be dramatically reduced. The Florida House and Senate have approved changes for the state Department of Professional Business Regulation that will, with the Governor's approval, reduce the amount of training and certification needed to practice certain roles, and eliminate licensing for others entirely.
Full story by Adam Winer via ABC Action News
To read more, please subscribe.