- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
Nevada's Sunset Subcommittee of the Legislative Commission reviewed 23 professional and occupational licensing boards for its 2018 sunset report. But in a report released in June, it opted to recommend abolishing only the homeopathic board, which licenses 40 practitioners. Licensing of homeopaths should be turned over to the state Division of Public and Behavioral Health, the panel recommended. The newly installed president of the homeopathic board told the subcommittee he planned to fight the recommendation in the legislature.
To read more, please subscribe.