- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Board action unauthorized as a matter of law concerning allegations of moral turpitude
- Separation of Powers Doctrine and Sovereign Immunity clarified
- Errors result in reversal of decision to prohibit further reinstatement applications by licensee
- Court of Appeal of Manitoba declined to challenge application judge’s decision
- Court held that the reasoning process for witness evidence admissibility was reasonable
A Missouri license applicant who appealed, as a contested case decision, the recommendation of a hearing commissioner in charge of his case did not have standing in the court system because his appeal of the hearing was not the proper method to overturn the state Department of Commerce and Insurance's rejection of his application, a state Court of Appeals ruled December 10.
To read more, please subscribe.