- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
A Pennsylvania court, in a May 8 decision, upheld discipline imposed by the state's Board of Chiropractic on a licensee who advertised the use of a miraculous diagnostic tool in his practice, claiming, among other things, that the device was capable of diagnosing types of cancer and infectious diseases using minimal physical input.
To read more, please subscribe.