- Examiners, state boards rethinking traditional use of practical exams, scored exams, and live patients
- Default discipline of licensee who sent rebuttal letter prior to filing of disciplinary charges is valid
- Law does not waive sovereign immunity for constitutional claims unless they involve challenge of a state statute
- U.S. court restores emergency health law authorizing discipline of physicians performing abortions
- Architects, CPAs, engineers, surveyors push back against licensing deregulation campaigns
The New York State Education Department unveiled its efforts to make the licensing application process as easy and straightforward for the public as possible: taking the process online. For the first time, nursing and occupational therapy students will be able to submit their initial applications, as well as pay application fees, entirely from the comfort of their own homes. This will save applicants, on average, two weeks of mail and processing time, as well as improving the overall accuracy of the data capture.
Full story via NYSED.com