- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Board upheld in denying practice exclusivity to licensees based on FTC v. North Carolina Dental Examiners
- Physician seeking exam exemption from national specialty certifying body must bring suit in Texas, where certifier is located
- Discipline of agent who defrauded clients & skipped hearing upheld
- Discipline of licensee for showing patient records to wife upheld
- Board must hear MD’s appeal of order to submit to three-day impairment evaluation
The New York State Education Department unveiled its efforts to make the licensing application process as easy and straightforward for the public as possible: taking the process online. For the first time, nursing and occupational therapy students will be able to submit their initial applications, as well as pay application fees, entirely from the comfort of their own homes. This will save applicants, on average, two weeks of mail and processing time, as well as improving the overall accuracy of the data capture.