- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Realtors expand ethical prohibition on racist & discriminatory speech
- Panel requires review of three-time cap on exam attempts in case of nurse candidate who tested in “suboptimal” conditions
- California virtual proctoring flags one third of remote bar exams
- Following default judgment, court rejects maximum fines without separate analysis
- Delay in prosecuting disciplinary charges will not result in their dismissal
The New York State Education Department unveiled its efforts to make the licensing application process as easy and straightforward for the public as possible: taking the process online. For the first time, nursing and occupational therapy students will be able to submit their initial applications, as well as pay application fees, entirely from the comfort of their own homes. This will save applicants, on average, two weeks of mail and processing time, as well as improving the overall accuracy of the data capture.