- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Failure to cite professional code as evidence was error, but not fatal error
- Remote exam proctoring violates civil rights, California ACLU maintains
- FBI: Impostors posing as regulators threaten medical licensees nationwide with license suspension
- Case against board for refusal to retroactively renew license can continue
- Therapy degree is insufficient for general counseling license, but requiring degree to mention “counseling” is arbitrary
The New York State Education Department unveiled its efforts to make the licensing application process as easy and straightforward for the public as possible: taking the process online. For the first time, nursing and occupational therapy students will be able to submit their initial applications, as well as pay application fees, entirely from the comfort of their own homes. This will save applicants, on average, two weeks of mail and processing time, as well as improving the overall accuracy of the data capture.