- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Governor cites alleged cost to business in vetoing new licensing bill
- Licensing scheme for ship pilots, alleged to be monopolistic, is upheld
- Third-party licensee has no standing to challenge granting of license to another
- Board erred by denying hearing to applicant who pled constitutional issues
- Requirement that animal chiropractor be supervised by veterinarian upheld
"A California court rule requiring lawyers to be fingerprinted has turned up more than 6,000 criminal history reports, including more than 2,200 convictions previously unknown to the state bar."
Read more about this story at the ABA Journal
To read more, please subscribe.