- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Montana Supreme Court strikes down restriction on advanced practice nurses providing abortions
- Court revokes license of nurse who neglected vulnerable patient
- New Hampshire Supreme Court rules that grandfathered training school required to submit to board audit
- Eighth Circuit upholds dismissal of case challenging enforcement of confidentiality of medical records
- Reversal of license revocation overturned for lack of deference to board’s decision
An Illinois appellate court, in a March 23 ruling, overturned a decision by the state's Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to revoke the license of a real estate appraiser after an administrative law judge held the appraiser in default for her failure to file a timely answer to disciplinary charges against her. The appraiser's original attorney had died and his partner had retired the last business day before that answer was due.
To read more, please subscribe.