- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Sanctions for violation of Real Estate Code
- Ontario Superior Court of Justice remits licensing application for reconsideration
- Yukon Court upholds denial of license
- Occupational liberty interest in pursuing a trade or profession
- Superior Court finds that Board of Education did not act arbitrarily
A dentist's claim that a state regulatory agency initiated a retaliatory investigation—due to a complaint made by the dentist fifteen years prior—was dismissed by the 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals March 1. The court determined that the dentist's speech was not a motivating factor in spurring the agency's investigation (Gekas v. Vasiliades).
To read more, please subscribe.