- Board upheld in denying practice exclusivity to licensees based on FTC v. North Carolina Dental Examiners
- Physician seeking exam exemption from national specialty certifying body must bring suit in Texas, where certifier is located
- Discipline of agent who defrauded clients & skipped hearing upheld
- Discipline of licensee for showing patient records to wife upheld
- Board must hear MD’s appeal of order to submit to three-day impairment evaluation
Physicians in selected states who are interested in practicing telehealth across state lines can now apply to the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact (IMLC). The IMLC has been in development since 2014, to encourage the new possibilities achievable through medicine and communication technology. As it stands, only 7 of the 18 member states can currently apply for their interstate license, but the remaining 11 will be added once a dispute with the FBI is settled.
Full story via mHealthIntelligence