- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Failure to cite professional code as evidence was error, but not fatal error
- Remote exam proctoring violates civil rights, California ACLU maintains
- FBI: Impostors posing as regulators threaten medical licensees nationwide with license suspension
- Case against board for refusal to retroactively renew license can continue
- Therapy degree is insufficient for general counseling license, but requiring degree to mention “counseling” is arbitrary
Photo Courtesy of NHS Confederation
British Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt could be close to a major restructuring of the regulatory bodies in the UK, which could lead to a single board overseeing the well-being of over 1,000,000 health professionals. The umbrella board would be made by consolidating 9 current boards, with the aim 0f improving patient safety and improving the way complaints are handled. Many are already questioning the logic of merging so many different boards, all with their own distinct methods and regulations, especially at a time when health and social care in the UK is facing a lot of scrutiny . . .
To read more, please subscribe.