- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
An Oregon appellate court affirmed a decision by the state’s Teacher Standards and Practices Commission that relied on hearsay testimony by students’ to prohibit a teacher from applying for the reinstatement of his license (Osuna-Bonilla v. Teacher Standards and Practices Commission).
To read more, please subscribe.