- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Board action unauthorized as a matter of law concerning allegations of moral turpitude
- Separation of Powers Doctrine and Sovereign Immunity clarified
- Errors result in reversal of decision to prohibit further reinstatement applications by licensee
- Court of Appeal of Manitoba declined to challenge application judge’s decision
- Court held that the reasoning process for witness evidence admissibility was reasonable
In the past, athletic trainers might have appeared on a list of occupations likely to be targeted for deregulation. But the Hawaii auditor, in the first sunset evaluation of athletic trainer regulation since 2012 when it was adopted, emphatically concludes in a September 2017 sunset report that continued regulation by the state is warranted, largely because of the potential threat that Improperly trained athletic trainers can pose to students dealing with injuries.
To read more, please subscribe.