- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
In the past, athletic trainers might have appeared on a list of occupations likely to be targeted for deregulation. But the Hawaii auditor, in the first sunset evaluation of athletic trainer regulation since 2012 when it was adopted, emphatically concludes in a September 2017 sunset report that continued regulation by the state is warranted, largely because of the potential threat that Improperly trained athletic trainers can pose to students dealing with injuries.
To read more, please subscribe.