- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
Tarra Simmons, a former felon who graduated from Seattle University School of Law, was authorized to sit for the bar exam, after the Washington State Supreme Court ruled unanimously November 16 that she had “the requisite moral character and fitness to practice law in the State of Washington."
To read more, please subscribe.