- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Realtors expand ethical prohibition on racist & discriminatory speech
- Panel requires review of three-time cap on exam attempts in case of nurse candidate who tested in “suboptimal” conditions
- California virtual proctoring flags one third of remote bar exams
- Following default judgment, court rejects maximum fines without separate analysis
- Delay in prosecuting disciplinary charges will not result in their dismissal
A man is now on the run after being discovered to have fraudulently treated patients in hospitals and emergency rooms in Australia for 11 years. Shyam Acharya forged a passport and stole medical qualifications from a doctor in his native India before faking his citizenship to enter Australia. The high esteem he was held in by colleagues would not prevent a possible $30,000 fine if he is captured.