- Board upheld in denying practice exclusivity to licensees based on FTC v. North Carolina Dental Examiners
- Physician seeking exam exemption from national specialty certifying body must bring suit in Texas, where certifier is located
- Discipline of agent who defrauded clients & skipped hearing upheld
- Discipline of licensee for showing patient records to wife upheld
- Board must hear MD’s appeal of order to submit to three-day impairment evaluation
A man is now on the run after being discovered to have fraudulently treated patients in hospitals and emergency rooms in Australia for 11 years. Shyam Acharya forged a passport and stole medical qualifications from a doctor in his native India before faking his citizenship to enter Australia. The high esteem he was held in by colleagues would not prevent a possible $30,000 fine if he is captured.
Full story by Rose Brennan via The Daily Examiner