- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Montana Supreme Court strikes down restriction on advanced practice nurses providing abortions
- Court revokes license of nurse who neglected vulnerable patient
- New Hampshire Supreme Court rules that grandfathered training school required to submit to board audit
- Eighth Circuit upholds dismissal of case challenging enforcement of confidentiality of medical records
- Reversal of license revocation overturned for lack of deference to board’s decision
Officials from two states sketched out potential responses to the need for “active supervision” of potentially anticompetitive actions by state licensing bodies, during a webinar hosted by the Council on Licensure, Enforcement and Regulation (CLEAR) in May. The webinar was developed in response to the 2015 Supreme Court ruling in North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners v. Federal Trade Commission.
To read more, please subscribe.