- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
An appellate court in Illinois affirmed a decision by the state Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to discipline a real estate broker and attorney who had acted in both roles while negotiating a real estate transaction, overturning a ruling by a state trial court that had thrown out the board's discipline on several different grounds.
To read more, please subscribe.