- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Minority candidates hit harder by architect licensing exam costs, study finds
- Class certification denied for patients suing over licensing of foreign doctor
- Failure to warn of potential license revocation not sufficient basis for ineffective-assistance-of-counsel claim
- Doctor entitled to full hearing on his discrimination charge over order that he enter alcohol abuse treatment program
- Discipline is reinstated after appellant failed to properly challenge evidence
The former mayor of Passaic, New Jersey has had his podiatry license revoked as a result of his conviction for bribery. Alex Blanco, currently serving 27 months for accepting donations in exchange for funding federal housing developments, will have to reapply for his license when his sentence expires.
Full story by Sara Jerde via NJ.com
To read more, please subscribe.