- Examiners, state boards rethinking traditional use of practical exams, scored exams, and live patients
- Default discipline of licensee who sent rebuttal letter prior to filing of disciplinary charges is valid
- Law does not waive sovereign immunity for constitutional claims unless they involve challenge of a state statute
- U.S. court restores emergency health law authorizing discipline of physicians performing abortions
- Architects, CPAs, engineers, surveyors push back against licensing deregulation campaigns
The former mayor of Passaic, New Jersey has had his podiatry license revoked as a result of his conviction for bribery. Alex Blanco, currently serving 27 months for accepting donations in exchange for funding federal housing developments, will have to reapply for his license when his sentence expires.
Full story by Sara Jerde via NJ.com