- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Licensee claims of malicious prosecution not dismissible as frivolous
- Admissions from unrelated case cannot be used in board action against man practicing without a license
- Proving deceptive professional conduct does not require establishing common law elements of fraud
- Rejected applicant not eligible to seek contents of investigatory file after giving up on application process
- Board has power to issue summary suspension while discipline case pending
The Texas Sunset Advisory Commission issued a report on the state of the State Board of Public Accountancy in November, ultimately recommending that the state continue the board for at least the next 12 years, but offering several recommendations intended to correct deficiencies of varying seriousness that the Commission detected in the Board’s operating procedures.
To read more, please subscribe.