- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Children’s homes not required to obtain pharmacy licenses, court holds
- Explanation for refusal to reinstate license not required, court says
- Though hearsay, script for pharmacist’s fraudulent calls held acceptable evidence in revocation proceeding
- Licensee’s age and threat to his practice held to justify stay of suspension
- Board members’ exposure to facts in proposed consent order not sufficient to show bias
Two school districts have been granted temporary waivers from certain state licensing requirements for teachers . The school districts in Arkansas were unable to place a specifically qualified teacher into every classroom for every subject, which led to their request. A 2015 state law allows a public school district to seek any waivers granted to a charter school that has drawn students away from the district. Officials hope the changes will incentivize more teachers to relocate to Pine Bluff, where the school districts are located.