- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Board upheld in denying practice exclusivity to licensees based on FTC v. North Carolina Dental Examiners
- Physician seeking exam exemption from national specialty certifying body must bring suit in Texas, where certifier is located
- Discipline of agent who defrauded clients & skipped hearing upheld
- Discipline of licensee for showing patient records to wife upheld
- Board must hear MD’s appeal of order to submit to three-day impairment evaluation
The newly-appointed head of California's Board of Registered Nursing has taken steps to address the severe delays applicants have been facing. Since the move to a new computer system, BreEZe back in 2014, nurses applying for licenses have been waiting as much as 5 months to hear from the board, but with the implemented changes in August, that wait time has been slashed in half. However Kathy Harren, regional chief nursing officer for the Catholic health care system Providence Health & Services, Southern California, contends . . .
To read more, please subscribe.