- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Unrestricted license in one province entitles licensee to full license in others
- Amendments to licensing act do not restart tolling for claims under statute of limitations
- Failure to file agency record into evidence ends disciplined licensee’s appeal
- Rejected applicant can’t sue Montana licensing agency from distant D.C.
- For background check of licensure candidate, Nebraska can access Georgia arrest record that Nebraska would have erased
The newly-appointed head of California's Board of Registered Nursing has taken steps to address the severe delays applicants have been facing. Since the move to a new computer system, BreEZe back in 2014, nurses applying for licenses have been waiting as much as 5 months to hear from the board, but with the implemented changes in August, that wait time has been slashed in half. However Kathy Harren, regional chief nursing officer for the Catholic health care system Providence Health & Services, Southern California, contends . . .
To read more, please subscribe.