- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Failure to cite professional code as evidence was error, but not fatal error
- Remote exam proctoring violates civil rights, California ACLU maintains
- FBI: Impostors posing as regulators threaten medical licensees nationwide with license suspension
- Case against board for refusal to retroactively renew license can continue
- Therapy degree is insufficient for general counseling license, but requiring degree to mention “counseling” is arbitrary
The newly-appointed head of California's Board of Registered Nursing has taken steps to address the severe delays applicants have been facing. Since the move to a new computer system, BreEZe back in 2014, nurses applying for licenses have been waiting as much as 5 months to hear from the board, but with the implemented changes in August, that wait time has been slashed in half. However Kathy Harren, regional chief nursing officer for the Catholic health care system Providence Health & Services, Southern California, contends . . .
To read more, please subscribe.