- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
With 1.2 million license renewals and 300,000 applicants to process every year, California's Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) hoped in 2009 that a $28 million contract with the company Accenture for a new information technology system would speed and streamline online processing.
To read more, please subscribe.