- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
SmileDirect Club, which has built a thriving national teledentistry practice based on the premise that Americans should not need to visit an orthodontist's office to get their teeth straightened, has been the indirect subject of a two-year investigation by the California state dental board board over actions of SmileDirect's chief clinical officer, Jeffrey Sulitzer.
To read more, please subscribe.