- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Examiners, state boards rethinking traditional use of practical exams, scored exams, and live patients
- Default discipline of licensee who sent rebuttal letter prior to filing of disciplinary charges is valid
- Law does not waive sovereign immunity for constitutional claims unless they involve challenge of a state statute
- U.S. court restores emergency health law authorizing discipline of physicians performing abortions
The General Dental Council, regulator of all dental professionals in the UK, has announced plans to move the entire focus of its organization from enforcement action and responding to harm, to prevention, support and education. The chair of the GDC, Bill Moyes described the current system as “outdated, cumbersome and inefficient,” prompting the need for overhaul. The plans are due to be published on January 26, but as per a GDC claim, work has already begun.
Full story by Seb Evans via dentistry.co.uk