- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Failure to cite professional code as evidence was error, but not fatal error
- Remote exam proctoring violates civil rights, California ACLU maintains
- FBI: Impostors posing as regulators threaten medical licensees nationwide with license suspension
- Case against board for refusal to retroactively renew license can continue
- Therapy degree is insufficient for general counseling license, but requiring degree to mention “counseling” is arbitrary
The General Dental Council, regulator of all dental professionals in the UK, has announced plans to move the entire focus of its organization from enforcement action and responding to harm, to prevention, support and education. The chair of the GDC, Bill Moyes described the current system as "outdated, cumbersome and inefficient," prompting the need for overhaul. The plans are due to be published on January 26, but as per a GDC claim, work has already begun.