- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Realtors expand ethical prohibition on racist & discriminatory speech
- Panel requires review of three-time cap on exam attempts in case of nurse candidate who tested in “suboptimal” conditions
- California virtual proctoring flags one third of remote bar exams
- Following default judgment, court rejects maximum fines without separate analysis
- Delay in prosecuting disciplinary charges will not result in their dismissal
The General Dental Council, regulator of all dental professionals in the UK, has announced plans to move the entire focus of its organization from enforcement action and responding to harm, to prevention, support and education. The chair of the GDC, Bill Moyes described the current system as "outdated, cumbersome and inefficient," prompting the need for overhaul. The plans are due to be published on January 26, but as per a GDC claim, work has already begun.