- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Licensee not entitled to second evidentiary hearing after 11 years of procedural up-and-downs
- Discipline upheld against psychologist who gave patient file to opposing counsel in lawsuit
- Complainant cannot force board to let him testify against licensee
- Formal recommendation by hearing examiner not required in order to revoke a license
- Licensee cannot dodge obligation to adhere to trade standards through provision in contract with customer
The General Dental Council, regulator of all dental professionals in the UK, has announced plans to move the entire focus of its organization from enforcement action and responding to harm, to prevention, support and education. The chair of the GDC, Bill Moyes described the current system as "outdated, cumbersome and inefficient," prompting the need for overhaul. The plans are due to be published on January 26, but as per a GDC claim, work has already begun.