- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
An appellate court in Illinois upheld the denial of costs and fees claimed by a gaming board licensee who successfully appealed a suspension of his license on the grounds that the state's gaming board had switched its basis for disciplinary charges in the middle of is disciplinary process.
To read more, please subscribe.