- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
Tennessee's proactive program to curb health care providers, including physicians, nurses, dentists, and other licensed practitioners, who avoid discipline despite inappropriate prescribing of opioids has had underwhelming results, a report by the state Treasurer's Office of Research and Education Accountability suggests. Only half of abnormal prescribers had a query opened about them, research findings showed.
To read more, please subscribe.