- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Board action unauthorized as a matter of law concerning allegations of moral turpitude
- Separation of Powers Doctrine and Sovereign Immunity clarified
- Errors result in reversal of decision to prohibit further reinstatement applications by licensee
- Court of Appeal of Manitoba declined to challenge application judge’s decision
- Court held that the reasoning process for witness evidence admissibility was reasonable
An appellate court in Michigan dismissed malicious prosecution claims against members of the state chiropractic board by a chiropractor whose discipline was overturned as legally unsound. The April 6 decision by the state Court of Appeals overturned a decision by a lower court, which had held that the board members were not entitled to immunity.
To read more, please subscribe.