- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
What should be the standard of proof in disciplinary proceedings? For Scottish attorneys, it should not be the same as the civil standard of proof “beyond a reasonable doubt,” said the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission in a 2019 response to the Scottish Solicitors’ Discipline Tribunal.
To read more, please subscribe.