- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
The Supreme Court of Wisconsin, in a June 27 decision, upheld the state's law prohibiting joint operation of funeral homes and cemeteries, holding that the state had sufficient motivation to prohibit anti-competitive behavior to support the law's prohibition on otherwise lawful economic activity.
To read more, please subscribe.