- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Lenient discipline overturned because tribunal did not include required layperson
- Interim suspension order overturned for reliance on dated allegations
- Court affirms decision that attorney inappropriately engaged in legal practice by managing his law firm during suspension
- Decision to forgo further discipline returned to regulator for lack of explanation
- Licensee may challenge age disenrollment in court
Professional regulation could face a dwindling role as robots take over more and more jobs once reserved for professionals. One analyst warns that the accounting profession, for one is especially susceptible to automation. Jim Peterson, a former Arthur Anderson lawyer, writes that automation has the potential to decimate the accounting industry by first replacing human auditors, then working its way up to the highest – and licensed – levels of the profession.
Original article: “‘Rise of the Robots’ – It’s Time for Accountants to Be Afraid” by Jim Peterson for Going Concern.