- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
The Court of Appeals of Nevada, in a January 30 decision, rejected the appeal of an alcohol and substance abuse counselor who had been enjoined from using psychological testing and diagnosis on his patients. The court ruled that the regulations controlling the licensed alcohol and drug counseling profession do not allow those licensees to engage in the practice of other licensed professions.
To read more, please subscribe.