- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
An Ohio court dismissed an appeal of the state’s Department of Education April 29, holding that the department lacked jurisdiction to challenge a lower court decision that overturned a discipline decision on the basis of inadequate evidence (Ohio State Department of Education v. Blum).
To read more, please subscribe.