- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
The state social work board failed to come to a decision in a disciplinary case within a 90-day deadline contained in the board's regulatory code, but the deadline was only "directory" in nature, not mandatory, the Indiana Court of Appeals held August 10, reversing a lower court that had thrown out discipline imposed by board.
To read more, please subscribe.