- Automatic expungement trend gives clean slate to license applicants facing criminal background checks
- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- National board federation making accreditation decision does not act with state authority
- Casino magnate loses appeal of disciplinary ruling when he appealed initial, not final order in his case
- FAA revocation of commercial pilot reinstated after NTSB reduced discipline
- Court had discretion to withhold judgment on challenge of board authority until discipline charges against licensee resolved
- Board not required to name specific subsection of law in notice of discipline
A court in Ontario, in a May 9 decision, rejected an appeal by a disciplined veterinarian who claimed that the discipline committee handling his case had an affirmative obligation to enquire whether his attorney, who spoke neither French nor English as a first language, needed the assistance of an interpreter.
To read more, please subscribe.