- Board hid investigators’ actual caseload with fake data for Auditor
- Examiners, state boards rethinking traditional use of practical exams, scored exams, and live patients
- Default discipline of licensee who sent rebuttal letter prior to filing of disciplinary charges is valid
- Law does not waive sovereign immunity for constitutional claims unless they involve challenge of a state statute
- U.S. court restores emergency health law authorizing discipline of physicians performing abortions
West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice needs to appoint an all-new state funeral board after members resigned following a criminal fraud scandal and an audit recommended moving the board’s powers to another agency. Lawmakers failed to pass a bill this session transferring board authority to the Secretary of State.
Full story by Carlee Lammers of the Charleston Gazette-Mail