- Renewal applications subject to same standards of proof as new applications, court rules
- U.S. Court: Requiring RN/MD practice agreement is constitutional
- Creation of guidelines for disciplinary referral is not rulemaking subject to open meetings law, says Colorado high court
- Revocation overturned where licensee denied formal hearing on relevance of his criminal conduct
- Conflicting standards of proof cause reversal of automatic suspension of licensee
The Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (TBVME) has shrunk in number by a third, after a round of resignations. The departures, which include the president, vice president and secretary of the board, follow a report issued by the Texas Sunset Advisory Commission in which it is claimed the board struggles administratively, cannot ensure fair treatment of licensees, and has statutes and policies which don’t comply with common licensing standards.
Full story by Katie James via DVM360